Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Long time

Well we finally are getting close to finishing the wedding pictures. They turned out great and I have be stressing over finishing up the collages.

I won the Chili Cook off at church so amazingly funny because it was not the best chili that I have ever made. Oh well it was a great blessing and I will just let it go at that. And I did beat my father (in-law) with out harming his chili at all. LOL

A will be turning 6 this next month and I am so amazed at how fast the time has flied. She is growing up so fast and I am just amazed at the things that she knows. She was drawing a picture of all the things a plant needs and she knew all of them but air. I was also trying to give her a challenging question "What vegetable come from the root of a plant?" I didn't think that she would have an answer for that, but she did "carrots and potatoes." I was trying to be cool and asked how do you know that. Because on Winnie the Pooh Rabbit's garden has carrots in it and they always come out of the ground and that where the roots are. Then she said we ready a book about hot potatoes and they came out of the ground and then went back under. I can't even remember that book so I was very proud of her. She all of the sudden just seems to be taking off.

M is getting so close to potty training that I am scared to even hope. When she is out of diapers I am going to have to have a party. No more diaper that just doesn't seem possible. I fell as if diaper are just part of a normal day. She is starting to talk so much better. She was so cute when we went to bed. She was saying her prays and we had to pray for animals because Dad had just read her a circus books. I am sure that God understand that children will pray funny things and he is probably smiling at it. She is my sweet little girl and aways like to touch your face and move hair out of the way. It so funny that the more trouble she gets into the deeper she wiggles her way into your heart. Like Anne (Green Gables) it is the trouble maker that need you the most and when you help them you fall more in love with them. (paraphrased)

I feel like God is leading me to do some new things that I am not sure about. First is the food for the teachers at the schools near the church. I have always loved this idea and I know that teachers think it is a blessing. But I can't do this alone and I would need someone that doesn't work during the day to help run it.
Second I want to start a library at the church. If you know me at all I am a book collector. My mothers both think that I have way too many books and I do need to get rid of some of them. But I can't part with them I want to know that someone else will be using them and if I need it in the future that I can borrow it back.
Third I would like to start a book bag group. Where parents can check out book bags that have a book or story in it and a few activities to do with their children during the week. I think that this would be some much fun.
Last is the idea that just came to me is a parent and child book club. We would get together and talk about a certain book. They would have to be chapter books but I am always amazed at what A gets from big books that I read to her. And M falls asleep so fast when I am reading a chapter book to her.

So this is what has been happening at our house lately. We are staying very busy and we are all finally over most of our colds. A slight cough but that is it. And if you feel that you want to help me with any of my new ideas just catch me.

I forgot I want to also start a clothes exchange so that people can use my old clothes. I am always unsure what to do with them and who needs clothes and stuff. Is there anyone else out there that struggles with this problem. Any ideas?

I am also going to start to right a book for my father (step) magic business. We are going to start making kits for teachers to use in the classroom with their books. We have already plotted out all the great things that a teacher can do as extras and self checking reinforcing extras to go with them. Tell you more when we get closer to being done.

0 friends pats: