So I had a wonderful mother's day and birthday. They feel on the same day this year. The year I was born my mom was at church and she went into labor. I was born that next morning. I was also so excited because the year A. was born was my first mother's/birthday day. This was the first time that I would get to celebrate it all together.
I am so lucky to have two lovely girls and I hope one day a boy to add to our family. And no that is not right know. A. keeps talking about this brother that doesn't leave with us so I know that one day that God will answer her prays. She is so positive that she will have a brother and I would love to have a little boy. But right how the girls are keeping me busy.
Like M. has been make recorded messes like Julia. She decide to put hand soap all over the mirror a few nights ago. man was that a pain to get off it just keep bubbling. Then the next morning while cleaning the vent she got some liquid gas medicine for babies as was pouring it all over her hands. After throwing that away she went into the bathroom and anointed the bathroom counter with scope. We had minty fresh counter tops, and she was trying to soak it up with one paper towel. Then on Sat she had just finished her bath and I was getting her sister out she managed to get a marker and had orange marks all over her knees and arms. She was suppose to be going to the mother & daughter tea and she was covered in orange. So I scrubbed her with a wipe and most of it came off. Needless to say she has been a handful this week. I also realized that she was the child that a fellow tea party member called so rough a child that a baby had to be rescued from her. Oh will we ever make it through this or will I have a side bar that tells of all the many things she does so I can remember them in years to come.
We did have a great time at the tea and we were able to take some great pictures of families. I understand what Jenny means it wonderful to help families make memories. But if it happens again next year we will need at least two more people to help out. So have a happy mother's day.
I will give a quick shout out to both of my mother's and other that have adopted me throughout the years. I love you and thank you for all that you have invested in me as a person. I know that because of all your prays I came out the way I did. Their were so many times that I could have gone bad but because of all your prays I didn't. I also know that importance of praying for your children's spouse while they are young. Because I know that my MIL (who is a second mother) was praying for me even before she knew who I was.
I can still remember the first time we meet. I was really scared of her because I messed up her music while she was practicing. I was not dating her son at the time but I was scared of having her as a MIL. Boy was I wrong she and I get along really well after six years. I remember how many people disagreed about Tim and me getting married. I also remember telling them to give us a chance and see if things didn't seem better after watching our relationship. After lots of patience on my husband side and even more work from God I changed. Sorry this turned into an essay. I had a lot of rejection and abandonment issues. I always knew that my biological dad never wanted me. I had few friends outside my family. We moved three times in four years after my mom married. I had many boyfriends trying to find the right one and I should have just been patient with God. He brought the right one even if I didn't think so at the time. Boy was I wrong and I am so glad I was.
So HAPPY MOTHER DAY to all you mom's!!!!
Remember the P's from Pastor's sermon
Protective
Productive
Praying
Pastoral (mentoring/example)
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mother's/ B-day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 friends pats:
I'm glad you had a great day...I'm sorry I didn't call, but Mom and I had a weekend of outings and I was bushed...but I thought about you and knew everyone was making your day extra special...Loveya
Post a Comment