That stands for discipline Quotient System
this is a great book that I don't know if it is printed any more or not.
But it puts kids into four different types. Then it addresses why they disobey, and what method works best for them.
So in short here are the four types: All referenced from the Discover your Child's DG Factor book by Dr. Greg Cynaumon
Bear: Strong-welled child. Will often misbehave in challenging, controlling, confronting ways and often just for the sake of misbehaving. Often complains about the rules and how unfair they are. Outwardly despises discipline and being told what to do. Will also routinely challenge your authority in an attempt to gain the upper hand and take control.
Monkey: Not as strong-willed, controlling, or combative as the bear. Seems to misbehave in odd and obvious ways, knowing he will get caught and get into trouble. Misbehavior is often motivated by his need for attention from you and other authority figures.
Porcupine: Usually quiet and not nearly as in your face as the Bear or as obvious as the Monkey. Is passive-aggressive in that he says everything is okay, but underneath it all, he is ticked about something. If you hurt him emotionally, he will hold on to it and figure out a way to get you back. Often, getting you back means misbehaving.
Lamb: Not at all strong-willed like the Bear or the Monkey, and not motivated by revenge like the Porcupine. Has poor self-esteem and is convinced that he is inadequate and messes up everything. A bit of a victim thinker and will commonly misbehave to get you to take over and do things for him, which reinforces his "I'm helpless" self-image.
So know I am trying to figure out what my children are. And what seems to work best on them. It funny how I think on things is working and then it all seems to change. So I am praying to be a better mom and then reading this book at the same time!!
So I am thinking A's a Monkey/Lamb
And M's Porcupine/Bear
What are your little angels????
Monday, March 3, 2008
DQ Factor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 friends pats:
Angels? LOL
I think I have one of each. I'd like to know what to do now! My 2 year old, especially. I can't find anything that keeps him from being naughty when his mind is made up!
Bear: ignoring (81%), time-out (73%), Take away previleges (69%) Restrictions (54%)
Monkey: Time-outs (83%), Ignoring (78%), Natural Consquences (76%), Taking away privileges (68%), Restrictions (58%)
Porcupine: Natural Consquences (76%), Taking away privileges (54%)
Lamb: Natural Consquences (77%), Taking away privileges (77%), Proximity Time-out (this is not separating them by themselves but time out in the room while everyone else is going about there own business) (72%), Ignoring (69%)
I hope that this helps to see what is effective with each of your chldren. These are things that you probably already do but you just start and a different spot with each one!!
Post a Comment