Friday, June 22, 2007

Swimming




How many times I have I been just like my daughter today. She went into the pool and was cringing with fear. Like I wouldn't drop her in and I was holding on to her. But she was so scared and the water only went up to her stomach. But she wouldn't push her feet down to the solid ground. I told her that she could touch but she would believe me because she was scared.




How many times am I like that with the Lord. No Lord I can put me feet down I will go under. No Lord I know that you are holding me but I am too scared. I am scared of what is surrounding me and what might not be solid ground under me. I know that they Lord is there for me. I know that he has help us through other moments. Like the time that I found out that I was going to have a baby. Then the nurse told me that I shouldn't get too excited because I had not heard the heart beat. I could always loose the baby because I found out so early. I called my in-laws while on vacation to pray with us about it. I was so scared but that baby made it. Even though she can be a hand full I love her and can't imagine my life without her. He got me through that I know he will get me through what I am going through how (that was a lot of throughs I just like using that word throughout my post LOL).




So Lord I am sorry for doubt that you will be there for me. I am sorry that I don't trust that you put solid place under my feet even if it is water like in the Bible. Help me to believe and trust you through all that we my go through trails and blessing.




Maybe someone out there need this too.


talk more later.

3 friends pats:

kdp said...

thanks for that. i needed it.

A's Rich Life said...

Isn't it neat that even though we are adults, we still act like children with God? And that's exactly what He wants from us! To hang on tight with both hands & feet to Him when we're scared! And only through trusting & believing in Him can we then conquer our fears & are able to let go & put our feet down in deeper waters! :)

kj said...

you're right. solid ground is always under our feet through christ, even if it is water. i liked that part.

thank you, jesus, for the reminder to trust in you and never be afraid. thank you for lessons through children.

we are learning just as they are.