I am getting to be all alone in the house for the night. The girls are staying with their grandma. I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I have been so busy cleaning my house. I was going to jump on the garage sale wagon but it came at the wrong time so storage everything goes till next time. I have washed and oil on of the rooms hard wood floors. I am scrubbing off paint or something off the other one so that I can oil it down. Oh they look so pretty after that is done. I had fresh sheets on all the beds is there anything better then getting into a bed that has fresh sheets. I am going to get to take some pictures this weekend and I hope on the next weekend. We have a lot of people visiting our website they are just not scheduling pictures. I am also (sorry to admit this) feeling not so good about my picture taking ability after a wonderful friend post her pictures. How can she be so stinking good!?!?!? Well I pray that her business stays as busy as it has been. I have noticed that we have total different crowd that we work with. So here is a HURRAY to Jenny for her great pictures.
I have been asked to take sunrise pictures. Sunrise comes are 6:30 to 7:00?? I am asking because I am not normal up at that time!!! LOL I mean I usually get woke up some time during the night for a drink or something. But can I be ready, awake, and functioning at the hour. I guess we will see.
we start school in a month or boy am I scared.
Does anyone else have a problem with being to extreme in parenting. Ok before you call CPS I mean like either to easy going or to this is the line you can't cross it. I am having problems finding that middle ground with my oldest. When I get the you cross this line and your in trouble she crosses it. Then were do I have to go no where I find myself miserable. I want to find a place were I am loving her but there are rules and she know it. And any creative behavior modification ideas would be appreciated.
Hope the world is going good for all my blog world friends!!
Good luck at the garage sell hope everything sells!!
Oh one last thing I typed this seven page written piece on Tim's PawPaw who was in the military during the WWII. He flew his first mission on July 4, 1944 and his flight home was on July 25, 1945. This was all summed up in three wonderfully written paragraphs from a loving wife. This just touched be to my core. All the time that he was at war couldn't be described as a walk in the park. But this is how she ended it "He loved his country and proudly served in the military to defend it in time of need." So this man life started 1923 and ended in 2005 with this statement. And even if it was his wife that wrote it I know that he would have strongly agreed. He came back from that war have flown 48 missions over European 28 of them in a B-26 (also called the widow-maker). Is that amazing that my whole life wouldn't have been her if it wasn't for this man. He made my husbands mother. I heard stories about many times that God protected him and keep him safe.
I wonder why Americans have stopped thinking that they are proud of the men that are fighting for our freedom. This is too all the serves men around the world.
Thank You and God Bless You for all you do to keep us safe!!!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
A night alone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 friends pats:
I think most parents struggle to find the balance between too strict and too lenient. It's hard. Everyone has their own opinion about what is too strict and what isn't strict enough. That's where we have to seek God's help (preaching to myself here). It's important that we set boundaries and that there is a predictable consequence for crossing the line. It makes your child feel secure. For me, the hard part is finding a reasonable consequence that is severe enough to get their attention and make it not worth crossing the line, but not so severe that they resent me. I don't know how old your daughter is exactly, but I have found that my boys go through a "stage" at 7-8 years old. I have heard that it's hormonal like the one at 2-3 years and like the teen years. I'm going through it right now with my 2nd. Drama, drama, drama. (I'm also going through it with my 2 year old!) It is so hard, but if you persevere and stand your ground, they grow out of it.
Post a Comment