Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hello

Hey everyone I saw A Baldwin at work today and she said hi to all the MOPS members out there. I have been so far out of this I have been trying to make sense of what the Lord wants me to do. I feel lead to teach classes but not sure that anyone would want to learn and pay for it. I have a lot of things I like to do but I am not great at any of them. I feel he wants me to teach the new generation that things that are going extinct like sewing, cooking, crocheting, scrapbooking, and jewelry making. I love to do these things and I feel that what the Lord wants me to do. I am just scared that I won't have enough people interested and want to pay. Also I am not the greatest at any of these things. I know the basics but that is about it. So I don't know what to say I want to follow the Lord. But I am unsure of the first steps and I don't know where to go.

On to other things I am looking at planning a birthday party for my four year old. She is going to be FIVE I can't believe it. She is growing so much we are getting to spend a lot of time together reading fun books. We are currently reading the Indian in the Cupboard. It is a really great book and I forgotten how much fun it is to read. Along with the American Girls book that they LOVE. They also teach a lot about history so I am ok with that.
That is it for how man is life busy!!

4 friends pats:

Wendy said...

Teaching - you might see if the Kid's Kollege at ASU is looking for anyone to offer these classes over the summer. I think people would pay for these types of classes for their kids, especially over the summer when they are trying to find stuff for them to do. PLUS, you don't need to be an expert to teach beginners.

Meems said...

I think Wendy's idea is a great one. Also God only expects you to start where you are, so just start practicing. At least you know the basics.

I hope you got my message. Thanks so much for Friday.

ree said...

I'm not sure about here, but in my sister's community, the library offers classes quarterly...different classes depending on who's available to teach. She teaches a quilting class. She's not a professional...mostly self-taught, but the people that take the classes, like meems said, are beginners.

Nanna's Place said...

Take that step of faith....start small and watch the Lord grow what you give him.....