he was in an accident and needs everyone prays. he is fine but he is in a lot of pain. a deer jumped on the back of his motorcycle and made him loss control of the bike. he fell off and broke 4-5 ribs, hand needed stitches but that will all heal in time. the one thing they are worried about is the bruised heart and lung. he has had a heart attack before and they want to watch him to make sure that he is safe.
My grandpa was my favorite person in all the world. he was the one that would let me play the church piano. he would pretend to fall asleep so that I would have to play it again. this was an underlined way of getting me to play each song three times. I was his special helper to get movies at the library. We would have 3 to 7 kids in the back of the restaurant to keep entertained what better then movies. We watch lots of old movies, and I would irritate everyone with pipi longstocking, and other annoying movies. I moved away from my grandpa when my mom married (14 years old me). It was hard because we tried to keep that connection but it wasn't the same. He would come and visit us in the new town but he never stayed long enough. I remember he came and picked me up from school on his motorcycle. My friends thought that was so cool that my grandpa a preacher would ride a motorcycle in a three piece suit. Well I jumped on the bike and he wasn't ready. The bike tipped over and the mirror bent. He loves to say that I wreaked his bike. How my place has been taken by over grandchildren some of them great kids. I know that you have to grow up but my one wish for my kids was that they would have a connection like that with their grandparents. I feel that they do and I couldn't be happier.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
grandpa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 friends pats:
he is in my prayers and that poor deer...
Hope he's up and going in no time!
He is also in my prayers, I'm so sorry to hear that!!
wait a minute... a deer jumped on the back of his motorcycle??? I would not have believed it except for the fact that Rich actually had a deer run into the side of his truck one evening on the way home from work! Silly deer...
Hope Grandpa gets well soon! ;)
I just said a prayer for your grandpa. Hope he and the deer get better soon.
Post a Comment