Found someone like me that seems to have a long evening after a full day. I really enjoyed learning more about my friends and my children love to play. We watch them dress up in all kinds of cute clothes. Oh they had so much fun and the time just flew. Then they came home and were a sleep very quickly. How I am sitting at the computer quietly enjoying everyone's blog.
I am reading a book Pathway to Purpose by Katie Brazelton. The first chapter was about dealing with your hurt in the past in order to conquer the future. I came to an amazing realization that I am totally at peace with my past. I learned to understand my mother a lot more then I ever have in the past. We still don't see eye to eye about everything but it a lot better then high school. I feel that I am at stressful time in my life but I also know that God is in control. I have two lovely girls that are learning about God each and every day. They love church and their friends. I will always be the person that God created me to be but I am growing into something that I happier with. I feel that I am learning to breath which is not easy. Then we need to remember that we are just going through the problems not staying unless we choose to.
Another thing that it suggested was to tell your testimony to others.
Well to start I am not sure when I first got saved. I always remember getting saved at camp no matter if I needed it or not. I was raised in a church family per say. My grandparents were pastors of the church. So I have always know about God and the way to heaven. But coming home from camp I never was able to bring and keep the fire. I was always too shy to tell others about him. In my opinion if people couldn't see a difference in you without telling them then I was not acting right. I never wanted to be called a hypocrite of any kind and that is how I lived my life. Thanks to praying grandparents I was saved from a lot of troubles. I always felt that I was so naive but angels were also surrounding me from harm. I was never popular in school or at church. I was the quiet person that most people over looked. I did not have a boy even remotely interested in me tell I was in 9th grade (the boy was not much more trouble). I never went to parties, never smoked, never drank, and I was proud of it. I went through some rough spots during high school but God walked me through them. Then I meet my husband after breaking up with my boyfriend at the time. I was so crushed but he was there for me. He was so sweet and loving the whole time. Later he would ask me out and we would get married. The ex-boyfriend ended up being in the wedding and their was no problems. God just walked us through the whole thing. God even has a sense of humor we found out at the wedding (unity candle wouldn't light very funny). (the pastor had told us not to do anything funny and to watch the candle as a symbol of our love. well it wouldn't light and the pastor had to come light it for us. then we watched as the candle just dies. We both started laughing wondering if this was a sign of what our marriage would be like. we have been married for 5 years). God took me through a very anger stage of life after getting married. I would have spells of anger and my husband would just be there right by me. I finally learned that my husband was not going to leave me and that helped the anger go away. I was so afraid that everyone at sometime had deserted me or walked out on me. So I was sure that he was too, but no matter how hard I pushed he was right there for me. Then after that hurdle I found out that we were going to be having my oldest child. I big surprise, good surprise, but still a surprise. Then to make the matter worse the nurse told me not to get excited because she lost her first one. Then to wait to tell everyone tell they heard the heart beat. I remember coming home and calling my husband's parents (who were on vacation) to ask them to pray that everything would be ok. I didn't want to tell them that way but I was too scared and I knew they know how to pray!! Things went well after that but then the Lord wanted me to become a more independent person. So he sent my husband to his job that he is at know. I learned that I had to take control and do things myself. I couldn't wait for someone else to do them for me. Their have been lots of times that I can't but I know the one person that can do anything and that is the Lord. He was able to take away fears like when I was 8 months pregnant with my second child and he was sent to Ohio for a whole month. I made it and it was only because of the Lord. The person I am today is because the Lord has changed me from a scared, timid teenager to a responsible able body adult who knows that only by the Lord does anything happen. I have changed and I thank him for it. Most of these changes have been on the inside and you might not have seen them. But I hope that my family and friends (who have know me longer) can see the miracles that the Lord is doing. The Lord is the peace that lays on you when the room is silent and you are still. That is the time that I know my God is changing and showing me the difference he has made!
Praise the Lord!
He is wonderful
Friday, July 13, 2007
Very long blog sorry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 friends pats:
Long blogs are the best blogs! Your heart is poured out in these words and it is beautiful! I can see confidence rising up out of you. You have what it takes, girl!
He is wonderful and so are you. Thanks for sharing!
You are so strong. Stronger than you even know. I am proud of you. Many people choose not to rise to the occasion. You rise up and do it with a smile. I enjoy your company. Had fun today.
Hey E - it's great to hear about your life & testimony! It's great to see that God is working in your life either though sometimes you can't see it. You've become a wonderful wife and a caring mother! Keep up the good work :)
You are a wonderful young lady and mother and I have been blessed to be a part of your life and watch you grow. Please know from this side that who you are is a direct result of the character God has perfected in you through the experiences you have had in your life. He uses them for His purpose and your best. The years will produce more in you than you ever imagined. It's not what happens to you that matters but what happens in you...
remember this.
Post a Comment